3.7.08

At eight PM this evening
I kissed my mind goodbye
At eight-oh-five this evening
I almost wondered why
At eight eighteen this evening
I drifted out to sea
And never even noticed that
I'd lost the best of me

I'd do without it gladly
I'd face my loss with calm
If I could just remember
What keeps me warm


At ten PM this evening
I kissed my soul goodbye
At ten fifteen this evening
I sat and watched it fly
At ten nineteen this evening
I saw it dim the skies
And never even recognized
My own forgotten cries

I'd do without it gladly
I'd face my grief with peace
If I could recall tasting
Just one release


Upon the stroke of midnight
I kissed my heart goodbye
Upon the stroke of midnight
I watched my passions die
Upon the stroke of midnight
I saw them burn like trash
And never even felt the change
As I slumped down to ash

I'd do without them gladly
I'd fall and be content
If I'd ever understood
What living meant

--Stephen R. Donaldson

Sem comentários: